High level training in the field of genetic research applied to human diseases.
Access to training
The Master's degree in Health Biology Research is intended for students in the scientific and health fields.
See the application conditions and the administrative registration procedure.
Objectives of the training
The specialty provides training in excellence in medical genetics research.
The master's degree primarily prepares students to pursue a doctoral thesis in science. Various scholarships and funding are offered within the laboratories of the AFM-Telethon Health Campus, DOC2AMU, etc.).
Students will also have the opportunity to pursue their post-doctoral training internationally, in the world's most prestigious universities.
Obtaining a master's degree and a doctoral thesis represents a privileged mode of access to careers in the fields of fundamental, clinical and applied research in diagnosis and therapeutics, and to health careers in the field of human genetic diseases.
Scientific students will also be able to enter the professional world at Master's level, in particular as clinical research assistants (ARC) and biological engineers specialising in genetics.
Lessons Learned Program
Students can consider hospital internships as early as the M1 level, thanks to a close relationship with the AP-HM and the Timone Hospital.
- Master 1 - General teaching programme
- Master 2 - General programme of courses
Semester 1 - List of teachings
- Introduction to major human pathologies
- Ethics and Biomedical Research
- Metabolic diseases with vascular risk: molecular approach
- General Microbiology
- Basics of medical and molecular genetics
- Molecular bases of biotherapies
- Health and Environment
- Healthy Biostatistics
- Research and Communication Methodology in English
- Introduction to Biological Anthropology
Semester 2 - List of courses and internships
Compulsory teaching units :
- Basics of genetic counselling, risk calculation
- Genomic Medicine and Bioinformatics
- Prenatal Diagnosis 1: Basics
- Basics of psychology
Choice of optional modules :
- Ethics and Scientific Integrity
- Molecular Biology: Molecular Mechanism in Physiopathology
- Human Molecular and Medical Genetics in depth
- Pathophysiology of infectious diseases
- Bio evolution
- Vascular pathologies
- Thrombotic diseases
- Bases of oncogenesis
- Genome Instability, Inflammation and Cancer: The Basics
- Tumor microenvironment
- Stem cells and cancer
- Fertility, infertility and fertility preservation
- Introduction to animal models
- Clinical research and simulation
- Gene, metabolism and nutrition
Internship in Genetic Service (5 weeks) (6 ECTS)
Introduction to pathology (3 weeks) (3 ECTS)
Semester 3 - List of teachings
Compulsory teaching units (core curriculum) :
- Host Response
- Transversal genomics
- Bibliographic project
Specific teaching units :
- Bioinformatics and Mutation Analysis (BAM)
- Mechanisms of neurological diseases
- Heterogeneity and Genetic Susceptibility - Basis for the Genetics of Polyfactorial Diseases
- Stem cells and innovative therapies
Semester 4 - Internship
- Internship in a professional environment
Contact for training managers
Persons responsible for the health biology course
Professor Pierre MORANGE
Professor Christophe DUBOIS
Tel : 04 91 32 46 80
Address: Inserm URM-S-1076, Faculty of Pharmacy
Head of Human and Medical Genetics
Professor Martin KRAHN
Tel : 04 91 32 49 40
Address: INSERM UMR_910 - Professor Nicolas LEVY
Faculty of Medical and Paramedical Sciences, 4th floor green wing